- A video from a plenary presentation “Towards a Christian Perspective on Mental Illness”
- An article that served as the outline for this presentation but contains additional information.
- A video from the panel discussion where this presentations was critiqued and expanded.
For the full article in PDF form click the link below:
For the biographical information on each participant on this panel, please click here.
One of the final questions in this panel discussion involved the panelists recommending books. Below is a list of the books they recommended and a few they wished later they had added to the list.
- The Wounded Healer by Henri Nouwen
- Addiction & Virtue by Kent Dunnington
- Saving Normal by Allen Frances
- Blame it on the Brain? by Ed Welch
- Instruments in the Redeemer’s Hand by Paul Tripp
- How People Change by Paul Tripp and Tim Lane
- On the Threshold of Hope by Diane Langberg
- The Wounded Heart by Dan Allender
- How To Really Love Your Child by Ross Campbell
- Wished Recommended (added by panelist latter)
- The Anatomy of the Soul by Curt Thompso
- In His Image and Fearfully and Wonderfully Made by Phillip Yancey and Paul Brand
- Strong Women, Soft Hearts by Paula Rinehart
- When Kids Hurt, and Disconnected by Chap Clark
- Cutting by Steven Levenkron
- Hope, Help, and Healing for Eating Disorders by Gregory Jantz