This Spring the Summit counseling ministry will be presenting a four part seminar series entitled “Creating a Gospel-Centered Marriage.” This series is excellent for married, engaged, and seriously dating couples.
You can attend any part of this series or the whole. We will offer this series in the Spring (January-May) each year, so you can make plans to attend each component of this series as part of your on-going marital enrichment plan.
Seminars will be presented at 4pm until 5:30 in the South venue of the Brier Creek campus on the designated evenings to allow couples to also attend our Saturday 6pm services. Begin to think now about your unchurched friends who would be interested in these subjects. RSVP links can be found on the Bridgehaven Counseling events page.
Part One: Jan. 18, 2014 at 4pm
- Understanding the Common Challenges of Marriage
- What Makes Marriage Work: Marital Friendship
- Covenant: Seeing What God Designed Marriage to Be
Part Two: Jan. 25, 2014 at 4pm
- Job Description of a Christian Husband and Wife
- Unique Aspects of the Job Description for a Christian Husband
- Unique Aspects of the Job Description for a Christian Wife
Part One: Feb. 15, 2014 at 4pm
- Understanding the Common Challenges of Marital Communication
- Listening: The Forgotten Skill of Great Communication
- Day-to-Day Communication: What Do We Talk About for 5o Years?
Part Two: Feb. 22, 2014 at 4pm
- Conflict Resolution: What Going On When Things Go Wrong?
- Repentance: The First Step in Making Things Right
- Forgiveness : The Second Step in Making Things Right
Part One: March 22, 2014 at 4pm
- Understanding the Common Challenges of Marital Decision Making
- God’s Will: How to Find the Goal of Marital Decision Making
- Personal Decision Making: The Foundation of a Healthy Marriage
Part Two: March 29, 2014 at 4pm
- Consensus: Making Marital Decisions a Friends
- How to Make Headship-Submission Decisions
Part One: April 26, 2014 at 4pm
- Understanding the Common Challenges of Marital Intimacy
- Romantic Differences: Keeping the Spark without Starting a Fire
- Living in THE Love Story: The Gospel as the Grand Narrative of Marriage
Part Two: May 3, 2014 at 4pm
- Sex as One of God’s Good Gifts to Marriage: From Foreplay to Afterglow
All aspects of this ministry are available to implement in other churches free of charge, so please invite your friends from neighboring churches.
To inquire about being a pre-marital mentor and get the dates for the next mentor training, please contact Jill Sheets, our pre-marital mentoring coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org).